The Wallengren Family

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

Today is my dad's 58th birthday and he is spending it being sick like the rest of us. We started getting sick yesterday. Unfortunately, it has lingered into tonight as well. B stayed home from church with the kids and I only went to teach my primary class then came home. My poor dad however, has been batttling a bad cold similar to ours for about a week now. Those of you who know my dad know that he will never take a sick day from neither church or work. He just works right through it.
I want to write a tribute to my wonderful dad on his special day. My dad and I have always been so close! Out of a family of 5 girls, I was the "Tom Boy" of the familywhich meant alot of fun time with my dad! He taught me all about softball growing up and turned me into a pretty good ball player. I started working for him at an early age (14yrs) at Taco Time. That is when he really started to teach me about responsibility. I worked closely with him for 14 years until I had Caleb. We used talk each day on the phone discussing work matters. I really miss that. Now that I am a stay at home mom I really have no reason to call him every day. I feel like our relationship is a little different but still close in a way.
I have always looked up to him in so many ways! He brought me up with the knowledge of the gospel and he helped me develop a love for my Savior. I wanted to make him proud in everything that I did. I never wanted to dissapoint or hurt him in anyway because I respected him so much! I always knew that I wanted to marry someone just like him when I grew up. I must say that Brandon has alot of my dad's qualities making him an amazing husband and father. My dad would sacrifice anything for anyone. He always goes out of his way to help others even if it means coming home from a business trip early. We know he will be there!
I feel so blessed to have this amazing person in my life! I am always so proud to call him my dad! He means the world to me and he always will!
Happy Birthday Dad,
I Love You So Much!

3 comments:

Trish said...

Aren't Dads the best? Hey - I have 5 girls in my family too...

Heidi said...

Well said! Great tribute to dad. I hope everyone starts to feel better soon!

Tiff Gutierrez said...

Amen on all that said! Dads the best! Missed you at the cabin!