The Wallengren Family

Saturday, February 2, 2008

Another Run of Bad Luck!

Last night we had another issue with Brandon's car only this time it's a really big deal! We had just left Hollywood Video and we were talking about how frustrated we are about what happened to his side mirror of his car when something unbelievable happened to us. A girl on her cell phone pulled out in the parking lot and hit Brandon's car on the back passenger door bashing it all the way in. She was leaving JoAnne's Fabric store and rammed into us. She was only going about 5 mph but it did enough damage to our car and of course nothing happened to her car except a broken license plate.

Can you believe our luck with this car? First the mirror, then getting stuck on the stupid ice patch in our driveway, and now an accident. Keep in mind that we have only had this car for a month. You can only imagine how upset B was when this happened after all that we had been through already. The poor girl, Dixie, just kept crying and apologizing to us. She was only about 22 yrs. and she had her two little kids in the back seat too. She was probably going to the fabric store to get stuff to make a blanket or something. I felt bad for her cause B was pretty upset. Before we left B went and talked to her apologizing about being so upset and how he just bought the car. I'm sure she felt so bad cause I wouldn't want to be the one to hit someone else's car.
When we drove away we were talking about how we are so lucky that this didn't happen at a high speed. She hit Isabel's door and it could've been a really scary situation! These things happen I guess. I just can't believe all of this. So there is a lesson to be learned about driving and that is:

DON'T TALK AND DRIVE!!!!!

2 comments:

Shalise said...

Amy,
How frustrating that is for you and Brandon. I am sorry for the bad luck! That poor girl that hit the car, but in all reality "what was she doing on her cell phone", and with kids in her car; Cell phone's are SO dangerous while driving.. Did you call the police? Is she going to pay for it? I am so sorry I am sure the rest of your night was blah!

Heidi said...

Holy smokes! You guys have really had bad luck!