The Wallengren Family

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Why Did This Happen to Me?

About two weeks ago Brandon bought a 2005 Nissan Maxima and sold his Honda. Well, a lot has happened to this car in just two weeks. As you know, Brandon has been in Jamaica this entire week and he is going to come home tonight to some bad news about his precious car.
It all started about 2 days ago when his front headlight burned out. I took it to get fixed and the mechanic said that only the dealer could fix it because they have to take off the entire bumper to put a new bulb in. Not to mention that the light bulb itself costs $60. So the grand total of that is going to be about $160. Okay, I guess I could deal with that cause how often does a headlight burn out?
Anyway, today I though that it would be fun to take the kids to Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (dumb show!) after the gym. So, I went to spray off the car and everything looked great once all of the salt and dirt off. We grabbed lunch and went to the movie. Well, once I got home I noticed the driver side mirror casing had been cracked and the person who broke it used some kind of glue to attempt to fix the damage. There was also blue paint on the mirror. I called the dealership to see how much it was going to cost to get the mirror fixed and they told me about $500. Can you believe my luck with this car already?
So my question is, why can't people just be honest and leave a note? Can't they be responsible enough to own up to their mistakes? It just makes me so mad because I could never do that to someone's car and just drive away and forget about it! I guess the thing that makes me feel the worst about the whole thing is the fact that it's Brandon's car. He's coming home from a long trip with almost $700 in repairs to his new car. I know it isn't my fault this happened because it could've happened while he was driving it. I still feel bad! I keep asking myself, "If only I would've taken my car then this probably wouldn't have happened because my car sits up higher."
Oh well, these things happen. I guess that I will have to be more like my dad and park at the back of the parking lot so nothing will happen to my car.
Sorry Babe!!!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, Amy! That sucks! All I can say is that you should look at the side of my Tahoe - you'd cringe at all of the scratches and dings I've created on it trying to park into my tight garage. I've taken off one of the mirrors too. I don't know how people can let that be on their conscience!

Tiff Gutierrez said...

Bummer Am. I bet Brandon was pretty bent. Thanks for figuring this out for me!

Trish said...

such a bummer...I hate it when things go wrong with the car. Nothing is cheap when it comes to cars.

Shalise said...

YIKES!! And as you said, it would only happen while you have the car. It seems to always be that way! I hope it was not to hard on Brandon- Cars cost nothing but money no matter what happens. It is just so disheartning that we have so many dishonest people out there.