So don't laugh when I tell you that tonight I received my very first pedicure and I must say that it was probably the best 45 minutes that I have ever had! Since Brandon is gone for a while and will be gone for a long time this next month, I thought that it was time to treat myself. You never get around to doing something like this unless:
A. You finally want to break down and spend the money
B. You have someone to go with to keep you company and talk you through the whole process
C. Get a FREE babysitter to watch both kids (thanks grandma & grandpa)
D. And finally, hubby isn't around to tell you NO!! Ha, ha!
I think those are good enough reasons to splurge on myself. What do you think?
It's Friday night and I didn't want to stay home another night alone with my kids. I called up my sister Jodi because her hubby is gone too, and we decided to have a girls night out. So, we left the kids home and had a really fun night! We went out to dinner which was so nice and peaceful with out having to battle with the kids. Then we got our wonderful pedicures @ the mall. I can't believe I have never had one of these before! I walked out of there with hot pink sparkly toes feeling like a new woman! Then of course, you can't go to the mall without going bargain shopping for our kids. What else could you ask for? Unfortunately, it all had to come to an end for the night but not the end of pedicures.
So all of you who have never had one take my advice from which I took from my sister, you have to pamper yourself sometimes cause we get so caught up in taking care of everyone else we never stop to really take care of ourselves. Thanks for the advice and the fun night, Jodi!
Let me know if anyone wants to go get a pedicure with me. I'll go anytime!
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
LOVE pedicures! Speaking of, I need one in a bad way right now. However, it's 65-70 degrees here and it's freezing there! Are you wearing flip-flops back to the car? Just curious. I agree with the pampering every once in a while. You should do it more often. Sounds like you two had a fun time! How nice of mom to watch all of those kids :-)
OH, I am so with you anytime you need a pedicure! I have only had one my whole life - 2 years ago when I was pregnant with Emma. I agree...so magnificent! My feet never felt so good...so soft...so shiny...when did you say you wanted to go, again??
Post a Comment