I don't know about you but I am so tired of having to shovel our huge driveway! It has been snowing at least 2 days a week and not to mention the everyday wind that we have up here on the mountain. Why can't it be springtime?
Well, the reason I am complaining about the snow on this post is because we had some problems getting out of our driveway this morning. First of all, Brandon likes to wake up and play ward basketball at 6am. It really didn't snow too much up here only about 3 inches or so but it was enough to complicate things for him. He tried backing out of our driveway in his car (not four wheel) and got stuck. He didn't get stuck in the few inches of snow but on a sheet of ice on our driveway. We couldn't get the car off of it no matter how hard we tried. So here we are @ 6:30 in the morning trying to dig out (I mean PUSH) his car off the ice. The wheels kept spinning and it smelt like burnt rubber. Finally, we got it off of THAT ice patch. We looked at the damage to the driveway and the tire pretty much dug a hole in the concrete.
When it was time to go, I cruised out of the driveway and I couldn't get up the tiny hill in front of my house that other small cars had no problem on. So, I had to back down my street and turn around and take another way out. Once I got on the main street I was relieved.
It still doesn't end, as I was driving down the freeway his car started shaking. So we took it to the shop and got the tired balanced so we'll see if that helps at all. While all of this was happening, I just started laughing because all of us (including the neighbors)couldn't believe that we were stuck in the ice and we couldn't get it off. It was funny!!
Sorry about the long story. I'm sure you all understand why I am so frustrated with the snow! Especially on Traverse Mountain they never plow very good so when you leave you feel like you have to cross your fingers that you won't get stuck somewhere.
Has anyone else had a problem with this stupid snow? I wish that I was going on a cruise with our friends
GET THE SNOW OUT OF HERE!!!!


3 comments:
That is so funny Am. You have had some bad luck with his car havnt you! LOL your neighbors were probably laughing all day. Who gets stuck on ICE??
I wish you where coming too! Hopfully St. Thomas works out. You need a tropical vacation! Brandon's snow blower has really helped us out. If you ever need help again give us a call.
Amy, You do look cute when out shoveling, even though you hate it! I do have to say we have not had a winter like this in UT for about 15 years. This is what it was like when I was a kid. But on the bright side - we haven't had the horrible inversion much this year either. I found my non-four-wheel vehicle does pretty well, I just make sure it has good snow tires.
Post a Comment