The Wallengren Family

Monday, January 21, 2008

Say Cheeeese!

Today I decided to brave the horrible weather and take the kids to get their pictures taken. It has been almost a year since I have had both of my kids pictures taken together. I know that's terrible. However, I do take ALOT of digital photos of them though. It's not the same I know.Anyway, those of you that live up here on Traverse Mountain know that when it snows in the valleys, it's it a blizzard up here!!! The roads were terrible! I have never been so grateful for a four wheel drive vehicle! People had slid off the side of the freeway because the roads were so bad. Being the protective mom that I am, I drove so slow. It took me 45 mins to get to South Town Mall. Anyway, I hope all of you were safe on the roads today!

Getting my kids pictures are so hard! First, you make an appointment and you STILL have to wait. Second, the kids start getting their clothes wrinkled and dirty. Third, when one smiles the other doesn't and the smile isn't that great. And finally, Izzy started crying and was finished before the last sitting. Doesn't this just happen to all of us? Maybe that's why I only get there pictures taken every 9 months. Even though the entire process took 2 hours and my outing to the gym was shot down, the pictures turned out adorable. I have the CUTEST kids!!!

I came home to about 3 feet of snow in my driveway (I'm not kidding!!!). So, I spent 3 HOURS shoveling my huge driveway and sidewalks. This is honestly the 4th time that I have done it this year! I am so determined to break down and get a snow blower because it shouldn't take that long to shovel snow. You are probably wondering why Brandon doesn't do it. Well, I have to admit that I enjoy doing it and I don't want him to have to worry about it after a long day at work. It's great exercise since I didn't workout today.

Let's just hope that we get a break from the snow storms for a while because I can't do this everyday!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

I can relate! Those picture days are always so stressful. I only do it every six months and that is enough for me. I can't believe you shoveled snow all by yourself! That is a lot of work! Talk about a work out!

Miranda said...

There is a reason I still don't have 2 year old pictures of Kennedy and her birthday was in Sept. You reminded me I just need to do it. It is a big pain but the end result is always worth it.

Errin said...

It really is snow crazy at Traverse Mountain. Brandon called 10 different stores to find a snow blower today and didn't have any luck finding one. I don't know if you get the snow drifts like we do, but the snow by the garage was past Brandon's waist! Lets just say he didn't have to do a cardio workout today.

Shalise said...

I think we can all relate to the ordeal with pictures, and most certain if it is from Kiddie Kandid; Why on earth do they make us suffer for as long as they do with these little kid; They should know that kids do not sit still for very long.
I bet they will be so cute!!

The Miner Trio said...

Amy, thanks for posting on my blog. I miss you too and would love to keep in touch. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are adorable.

Tiff Gutierrez said...

Great, Im getting my kids pics done next Tuesday. The last my kids got theirs done is when Zoe was 3 weeks!