The Wallengren Family

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fun With the Kids!

Yesterday was eventful. It started out taking Caleb to the doctor after I went to the gym. He has an ingrown toenail and it has gotten infected. I would've taken a picture but it's kinda gross. Caleb was so worried about getting a shot. Once the doctor saw him and assured him that no shots were needed, Caleb was so happy and just talked the doctor's ear off. The doctor and I just laughed. After a prescription of antibiotics, we were on our way.


We were right by my old stomping ground, Taco time so we decided to have lunch there. Little did I know that I would get temporarily sucked back into that world. They got really busy and backed up so I jumped up and helped them make all of the orders. I must say, I still have what it takes. It's been 4 1/2yrs since I quite and you would never guess that it's been that long. Anyway, I was alone with the kids there so, while I was making food I couldn't see what was happening to my kids. Caleb kept walking up and saying, "Mommy, do you need any help? Can I help you?" The customers thought that was hilarious. I had to bribe Caleb to stay by Izzy and watch her and if he did I would get him a special prize at the Dollar Tree. After I was done, everything was great and surprisingly my kids were fine. It never ceases to amaze me how excited kids get over those dumb toys at the the dollar store.

When B got home later that evening we went downtown and had dinner at the Sky Box restaurant. He really wanted to go there because the Jazz were playing on those huge TVs. That's a fun place to eat. Even after the kids being restless and Caleb spilling fry sauce all over Brandon, we still had a good time. I had to bribe him again to eat all of his food so he would get to play in the arcade. It always works! Just when you think there is no way to get kids to eat, a bribe ALWAYS works!

There was a little tiny bowling ally in the Sky Box Arcade that was a big hit among the kids. Caleb couldn't get enough of it and cried when we had to leave. You'll have to check this out next time you are at Gateway! It's cool!


After dinner we headed back home to buys a couple of movies and get ice cream. We love romance dramas and comedy's. So these are the two I got. What do you think?



We went to our favorite place to get ice cream, Cold Stone. Even though it was so packed, it was worth the wait. There are some fun pics.

Izzy thought she was pretty neat having her very own cone!

My kids can't get enough of ice cream!

Well, that was my day! Quite eventful I must say. We love to have our camera with us when we're together. These are memories and moments we don't ever want to forget. I know that all of my posts sound like a journal entries but, actually that is my purpose for blogging. This is my family journal. I archive my posts to my computer so I will have them forever.

I LOVE BLOGGING!

3 comments:

Tiff Gutierrez said...

The best part of that story is Caleb spilling the fry sauce on Brandon. LOL!!! I bet he about died! Oh, too funny!

Heidi said...

I can't believe you got behind the counter and started working! You are such a die-hard! I'm so surprised your kids were so patient while you were working :)

Sarah said...

That is a hilarious story! Just back at work. I hope you didn't have to pay for lunch!!

So your movie choices...we are soulmates. Those are my all time FAVORITES!!! good choices!!