The Wallengren Family

Monday, March 10, 2008

A Fun Weekend!

We had a full day on Saturday full of fun things. We first woke up early to go to the gym to continue to try to burn off all of that bad food we ate on our trip. Then we went to Caleb's soccer game. Now, Caleb isn't a big soccer fan. He would prefer to play basketball over any other sport. I wanted him to get used to soccer too. He played a little last spring and it wasn't much of a success either. First of all, he gets so mad because all of the kids are bumping into him as he tries to get the ball. He got frustrated, cried and gave up. Then I asked the coach if he could try goalie. He loved that! He had fun stopping the ball and throwing it out to everyone. Of course he got mad when he had to give up that position. We had to leave early after he took his jersey off in the middle of the game and said,"I'm done!" Oh well, we tried. We'll see how he does next Saturday.
Caleb as goalie

After lunch, B and I took the kids to Build-A-Bear. This was Caleb's first bear the He made by himself. He thought it was pretty cool. He got this cute turtle. We asked him what he wanted to name him and he said, "Caleb." He also helped make Izzy's bear and name it too. You'll never guess what he named he bear. Yep, "Izzy" is her bear's name. I just had to laugh at how cute he is. That is such a fun place! Now I just hope that he isn't going to want one every time he goes to the mall. I have the cutest video of the entire thing but, it is too long to post on the blog. I'm sure you get the picture.

Caleb with his turtle "Caleb"
& Izzy with her bear Caleb named "Izzy"

Later that night we went to "The Dodo" restaurant and the the Jazz vs. Nuggets game. We went with my sister Kim and her husband Matt. We haven't done anything with them for a long time so it was fun to get together with them. The food was so yummy and the company was even better. The game was exciting and finished off great with the Jazz blowing away the nuggets. Jazz games are always so fun! Thanks Matt and Kim for hangin' out with us!

4 comments:

Tiff Gutierrez said...

Ok, Ill say it again, Jazz played awesome! They are so much fun to watch! Cute family pic by the way!

Errin said...

I think you guys are having too much fun! By the way, you have a great tan.

Hilary said...

You guys do the funnest things!

Sarah said...

You were at the Jazz game?? We were too. What a game. That was a fun night. When we sat down, we saw Mike Leavitt & Jay Anderton just a few rows away!!