The Wallengren Family

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

What a wonderful day it is to honor our husbands and fathers! I am reminded of how much they sacrifice for us so that we can enjoy a nice and happy life. I want to say a little about the three fathers in my life.

My dad is so amazing! He has always been an example to me of how to be Christ like. I have always admired him for all of his hard work over the years. With work, church (bishop), and running a house full of 6 girls (including my mom). I don't know how he did it but he always did it with a big smile on his face and a good attitude. My dad and I word with each other for 14 years until I had Caleb. We would talk every day and even work side by side many days too. Now looking back, I miss those days when we were so close! I think out of all of my sisters my dad and I were the closest. His opinion always mattered to me and I wanted to make him proud of me. I knew that I wanted to marry some one like him. I love you dad!


My sweet father-in-law Del is the best! Just thinking of him makes me smile! He is so happy all of the time. He always give B and I great advice! The one thing about him that is truly genuine is that he loves his family so much! My kids love being with him! Even from an early age they attached to him so quickly. He has taught me that life should not always be about work but to leave time to do the things that you want to do. I am so grateful for him in my life. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better grandfather for my children. How did I get so lucky to have him as a father-in-law?

Last but certainly not least, my cute husband Brandon. Where do I start? I look up to him for the amazing person he is. I love that I can talk to him about anything and he is very understanding! When I see him in the morning he brightens my day. I can't help but think of how blessed I am to have him as my husband. When he walks through the door after work, I love to watch my kids faces light up and run to him to give him hugs and kisses. I can't imagine living my life without him. It's wonderful to know that I will be with him forever. I could go on and on about him. I love him more then words can explain. I love you Brandon!

To these three amazing men, thank you for all that you have taught me and done for me and my family. You truly are wonderful men and I love you all!
Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

The Boyacks said...

Looks like you have some good dads in your life.

The NC Merrill's said...

What a sweet and well written tribute to the fathers who have so positively impacted your life. I'm glad you had such a great father's day!