The Wallengren Family

Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Night Out at Falling Waters Day Spa

After the drama at Dino Town I thought that I deserved a night out at the day spa to recover from the thought of that dumb lady yelling at my child! J/K! Actually, my cute hubby gave me a spa retreat for Mother's Day! Can you believe that? I have always wanted to go somewhere where I can be pampered from head-to-toe. Not only head to toe but ALMOST every single place on my body got the works. I have had my gift card for quite a while but, I just loved looking in the pamphlet at all different choices to choose from so it took me a while to decide. Here's how my night went.


I arrived at
Falling Waters Day Spa in the Tree House Athletic Club at 4:45. Changed into my comfy white robe and message slippers and ventured into my first appointment.


1. 50 minute Swedish Message


Just imagine that this is me. I have never had a message before and I must say that it was the greatest 50 minutes of my life! The yummy, smelly lotions and oils they put on me were unbelievable! I had always wondered what it would be like to have a message and if it would be weird laying there with no clothes on. They are so professional and keep you covered the entire time. I never once felt uncomfortable.

2. 30 minute Refresher Facial


All I can say is about my facial is that it was absolute bliss! I feel like every pore in my face is detoxified and fresh! The neck and scalp massage was a nice way to wait for my mask to dry.

3. 45 minute pedicure

There is nothing like having you feet soak in hot bubbly water followed my a foot massage. After all of the lotions, cuticle clippers, and polish, I must say that my toes are so cute! I would take a picture of my toes but I hate my feet! I'm ready for the pool!

So, after all of that pampering 3 hours later, I feel like I can move on & not feel like I'm a horrible mom like that lady made me feel. This was truly an amazing experience! I really feel like moms need alone time to be pampered. I'm not sure which was better, the spa or having B watch the kids! I was able to completely relax and clear my head from all the every day stress. I feel fresh and ready once again to handle the wonderful life of motherhood. Thanks so much Brandon! You already know what I want for my birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day next year,......

You're the best! I Love You So Much!

9 comments:

mnjacksons said...

that is so great! you deserve it! we really loved watching this last american idol too! Great songs! Thanks.

The Miner Trio said...

I am completely jealous. I can't think of a more relaxing thing to do. Good for you and yes you did deserve it after that mean mom yelled at your child. Poor Caleb. I am sure he was scared to death.

The NC Merrill's said...

What a wonderful gift! You deserved it. Massages are wonderful...and yes, cute toes are a must for pool and beach season. :)

Brooke said...

What an awesome gift! I have to agree that massages are the best. It is so hard to find the time to pamper yourself when you are a mother. I have had a gift card that I received last year for my birthday and still have yet found the time to use it. I am so glad that you where able to get a little pampering done. After all I know you deserved it. You are great!!

The Boyacks said...

Awe, my favorite gift in the entire world! It is so divine to go and shut out everything and enjoy someone pampering you. I am so happy that you were able to go, Way to go Brandon for giving you that!

Chelle said...

Oh, a spa retreat! Yummy! Let me think...what holiday is coming up? Father's Day? Is it right to give yourself a gift for Father's Day? I'm thinkin' I'd be a better mom, daughter, wife if I had a spa pass. Thanks for the idea! Good for you, Amy! You're much deserving.

Trish said...

Yes, so jealous....but you totally deserve it! I work at the Treehouse and have never had anything done at the spa. I think that must change!!!!

Sarah said...

not gonna lie. pretty jealous. So should I start dropping the hints to Ty???

Mom and Dad said...

Amy, Brandon could not have given you a better gift for Mother's Day. All husbands need to learn from him. Tell Dad that for me!
I hope you will be able to that again sometime, maybe next year?