The Wallengren Family

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Police Concert!!!

Back in February we bought tickets to The Police concert last Saturday night. The tickets were $120 each! I have to admit I was a little hesitant on buying them. Now we can say that, believe it or not, that money was WELL SPENT! The concert was amazing! This was the reunion tour for the The Police. They haven't toured together for years. This concert was extra special because "Sting" (lead singer) says they will not be touring together again. The concert was out at USANA Amphitheater and they sounded awesome! Here are some pictures of the fun night we had been looking forward to for 5 months. My pictures and video aren't perfectly clear but, you get the idea. So, just sit back, relax, and pretend like you were with us! Enjoy!

We went with Brandon's sister Tori and our nephew Parker. Tori took us to dinner at Olive Garden for B's 32 birthday before the concert. Thanks Tori!

Tori and Parker waiting for The Police

Elvis Costello opened for the The Police. Here is the Sting and Elvis Costello singing a song together.




We had good seats but not close enough to get an actual picture of Sting. This picture is from the big screen.

Parker, Brandon, and Me


For these next two videos, pause my music on the side so you can hear the video

I took a lot of video and this one was the best one. Sorry if it's kind of shaky! B told me that I was dancing and singing the entire time I was recording.


In this video you can't see anything but I am posting it because this is my favorite Police song and it still sounds great!

We had such a fun time! We loved being with B's sister and nephew. We also saw my sister Kim and her hubby Matt, and saw some old friends from our old ward. Even though we sat in 1 1/2 hours of traffic to get out, it was worth it! This will be a night that we will never forget! There is nothing like a summer night listening to your favorite band!
Thanks for hanging out with us Parker and Tori!

10 comments:

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

i am glad you liked the concert and that it was so fun. I love sting! It was the first cd i ever bought...the radio was saying they thought the concert wasn't that great, so i am glad to hear that they were wrong... =)

Errin said...

You and your concerts! So much fun.

Heidi said...

I bet it WAS awesome! Thanks for your text too - that was so cool!

Chelle said...

Fun to see you and B there! Can you believe how buff Sting is? He's 56 and still rockin'! What a stud! Keep on rockin', Amy!

Hilary said...

My sister went to that too and said it was awesome... I'm so jealous!! I love love Sting and the Police. Great that you got to go.

The NC Merrill's said...

What a fun concert that would've been! I'm totally jealous. Invite me next time. :) I'll fly up!

The Boyacks said...

Philip and I love concerts but haven't been to many lately. After reading all about the concerts that you have been going to we are anxious to go.

Krazy Keetch's said...

Hey Amy, I came across your blog..My kids are still asleep so I'm up blog stalking..I just started blogging, so it's fun to see a familiar face! Not sure if you are back from powel or not, but I hope you are having a good time!

Tara Hoppie said...

Hey, Girl! I am glad I found your blog. I love the Police, they are classic. $120 is a small price to pay for Sting! TTYL.

Unknown said...

Looks like a blast! After-concert Euphoria is pretty hard to beat--and you obviously had it if 1 1/2 hours of car traffic wasn't so bad!

Hopefully we will still see each other, now that our ward is split!