The Wallengren Family

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!



I love the 4th of July holiday! It's one of my favorite holidays of the year! I love spending time with my cute family and watching the kids faces as they watch the fireworks. The fun traditions in my family make the holiday so memorable! Here is how we spent our 4th of July holiday.


We started our day doing lots of yard work. We really enjoy making our yard look nice! I even got B up on a tall ladder to clean some windows too.

For lunch we ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant Cafe Rio. Yum!!!

Sweet Izzy!

Later, Caleb and I left B and Izzy home to freshen up for the fireworks with a nice nap. We went to the big 4th of July celebration up here on Traverse Mountain. They had lots of fun bounce houses, games, giant movie screen, and a BBQ.

Caleb loves these fun bounce slides!

We went over to Jodi's house and had a fun swimming and BBQ party. She has such a fun house! My kids look forward to spending time there with their cousins.


Izzy ready to swim!

For about 3 weeks all that I have heard around my house from Caleb is, "Is it time for fireworks yet?" He was so happy that it was finally time to light the fireworks! He loved choosing the pack of fireworks to take to the party. He thinks it's pretty cool to have two days to light fireworks.




He waited patiently for the fireworks to begin!



Once the fireworks began, Caleb was no where to be found. I went to look for him and he was sitting inside the house with the door open watching from the doorway. He's still a gets a bit nervous.






My cute mom bought all of the kids these cute lei's and little flags.





I love this cute picture! Daddy's little angel!



Fun family time!

After the fireworks at Jodi's we went to Sandy City and watched the giant firework show. It was nice to spend time with my Grandma Jeanne too. What a fun day!


We enjoyed a wonderful day with my family. I don't want to forget to mention how grateful we are for the freedom that we enjoy in this country. We feel so blessed to live in this amazing land! Thank you to all of those who have sacrificed so much for our country!

God Bess America!

7 comments:

Trish said...

Loved catching up on your blog! Your family is so adorable...thanks for being such great examples to all of us!

ps. Congrats on your new calling :)

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

how funny! Easton watched the fireworks from inside too... =)

Errin said...

I'm glad you had a great 4th of July. Next time you have to join us on the slip-n-slide.

[*.Manda.*] said...

Amy! You are super smart on leaving the little one at home from lake powell. Just ask me :) j/k So was that a rule for everybody, or just your choice? It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. Avery is obsessed w/ fireworks, too. It must be the age. Jodi's house seem great for summer parties. tell everyone hello! love ya!

cheri anne holden. said...

Hey Amy! Your family is too cute! It looks like your 4th was alot of fun! I miss all of you. Remember all the many cousin sleepovers when we were younger. Those summers I will never forget!! I love ya and hope all is well

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

you will quickly learn that i am the worst blogger out there and that i suck at posting because when i get on here i waste all my time looking at everyone elses blogs!! =) then when i am done the baby is crying@ =)

ps..cute pics...your holiday looks like it was a ToN of FuN!

mcamacho said...

It looks like you guys has a blast! You are so good at keeping up with everything...I hope I can start one of these while I am off with Allie :)!