The Wallengren Family

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Thomas the Tank Engine

Friday night we took the kids for a ride on Thomas the Train in Heber. Thomas is only here during Memorial weekend and were have been looking forward to this for quite a while. Every morning cute Caleb would wake up and put an "X" on his school calender counting down to the big day to ride Thomas. Last year I took him and he loved it! I knew that I had to do it again this year. It is really affordable $16 a person and that includes the train ride and all of the activities. I'll be sad when my kids aren't into Thomas anymore! It's fun to see their faces light up when they wee Thomas. If you have never done this with your kids and they are into trains, you need to do it! It's just too cute!

Caleb's cousin Parker came with us as our "Special Helper." Caleb loves spending time with him!

Caleb loved being around all of the Thomas the Train engines and his friends at the station!

When we first arrived, we got right on our train. We were so grateful that it didn't rain on us. It was a little chilly but not too bad.

Caleb has always wanted to sit in a caboose.
Caleb and the same engineer that drove Thomas last year.



After the train rides we enjoyed all of the activities that are included in the price. Both of the kids got their temporary tattoos on their cheeks. Caleb wanted to keep his on "forever" but, mean mom made him wash it off today for church.

Izzy looks sweet with Rosie the train on her cheek.
The gift shop was full of fun Thomas toys.
He loved this cool Lego display of trains! It was pretty cool!



You can't have a Thomas event without a bunch of train tables set up for the kids to play with. Izzy loves Thomas too.

Caleb doing what he does best!
It was fun for the kids to meet Sir Topham Hat.
Izzy loved the little miniature horses at the small petting zoo. Caleb was afraid to go near them. It was cute to see her yelling at them. She was excited to see them!


The kids loved the train suckers to finish off the event!

Check out this video. It is so cute!
Goodbye Thomas! We love you!

8 comments:

Chelle said...

Hi Amy and Brandon! Cute, fun blog! I've added you to my blogger list too. So glad we can keep tabs on ya! Your family is growing like crazy! Caleb is so big! We miss you guys. Everyone keeps moving out of the ward and it is so sad to lose the cutest families. I bet you love your new house. OK, so I'm so glad you are an American Idol fan like me! What to do on Tues. and Wed. nights, now? Bummer it's over.

Shalise said...

Amy, Cute!! It looks like the kids had a lot of fun, it is great that they have Thomas because both boys and girls love it.. I hope all is going well, you guys have been having too much fun:)

Errin said...

Your kids are so spoiled!!! I'm sure Caleb and Izzy were in heaven. I know how much they love Thomas. You guys are just having too much fun!

Brooke said...

Amy you are such a fun mom. My kids still love Thomas as well but I am afraid it is coming to an end. What a fun day.

The Boyacks said...

Amy, it I have been wondering about taking our kids to this event! I am sold - we will have to do this next year! I am sure that Adyson will love it. Your kids, especially Caleb, look like they had a great time! You have great ideas of fun things to do with kids - keep sharing!

Sarah said...

This is what I have to look forward to...choo-choo trains & boy stuff! It's sooo hard to imagine b/c all we are into over here are princesses & dancing all night. :)

Love all the David Cook music!!

Karen, Mackay, Easton & Kallie said...

fun blog & pics! i should have done this w/ easton! lets get our kids together so they can play!

The Miner Trio said...

What a fun thing to do. It looks like all of you had a great time. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so adorable.