The Wallengren Family

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cancer Shmancer!

Every year Brandon's family gets together for the Race for the Cure to honor his sister Tori who battled breast cancer 7 years ago. She has been through a lot and is still struggling with cancer but a different kind. She is young, vibrant, and energetic! She amazes all of us with her positive attitude about life despite he current illness. She's amazing! What a fun way to honor her and contribute to an amazing cause that affects almost all of us somehow. Here are fun pictures from last Saturday.

+

Arriving at the event. It was chilly but we still had a great time!

Caleb loves spending time with family! He especially loves Aunt Kristen!

We all had this flag made for Tori a couple of years ago to honor her. She absolutely loves it. She says it brings tears to her eyes whenever they fly it for breast cancer awareness month in October.

I didn't think that we would be walking the 2 mile track because we have never done it before so I wasn't really dressed for the occasion. You can imagine how bad my feet hurt when we were done cause I was wearing my boots. Ouch!

Caleb & Carsten (Tori's)

Izzy loved being pushed around in her stroller. He also wanted to honor her aunt Tori!

A lot of family support for Tori!

The nephews love Brandon!

Caleb got "lazy legs" and needed some help crossing the finish line. He was pretty worn out the rest of the day from that long walk!

Me, Tori, B's mom (Myrna), & his other sister Kristen

WE LOVE YOU TORI!

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Amy, I am so proud of your family for the love and support you show those you love. I'm proud of my little grand kids who were right ther with you all the way. Tori's life has touch many lives because of her courage and strength. You never know when a illness can occur and change your life and everyone elses. Love, your mom

Chelle said...

I missed it for the first time this year. I love this race...I cry every time. So neat you were there supporting your sis-in-law!