The Wallengren Family

Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm A Little Too Excited For Christmas!

Okay, don't laugh at me but I was too excited for Christmas that I hung up my Christmas lights already. I hope you know what I mean when I say that "I" hung them up! I stood on a tall ladder on the second to top step and hung them up one by one by myself. B said that he would have done it this weekend but, I knew that he really didn't want to do it. I didn't want to go another year without Christmas lights so, I did it all by myself. This is a pretty big deal because I have been married for 9 years and we have NEVER had Christmas lights on any of our homes! So, you can all see why this is such a big deal and that I had to post my accomplishment! B was so surprised when he got home from work! I think that he was more happy that he didn't have to do it. So ladies, if your hubby's are resistant to do it, do it yourself! How did I do? By the way there is only one other house in my neighborhood that has their lights on. I can't help it,

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Aim -
We actually hung our lights today, too! (By we, I mean Steve!)
We have a bunch of houses up already, I think everyone wanted to get them up before it got too cold and snowy.
You did a great job - when did you have time to do that? And, you house is darling - I am still waiting for an invite to come see it!

Errin said...

You are so amazing! I remember when we lived in Draper Brandon never hung up your lights. I'm glad to see you took matters in your own hands. My Brandon hasn't hung ours up yet, and I may have to use force to get him to do it. He says that no one lives around us so what's the point. I guess we'll wait and see if he does it or not. You know me, there is NO WAY I could hang them myself. Yours look great! Good work.

Heidi said...

Cute! You are so on the ball! I am a Grinch this year...

Hilary said...

That was very inspirational! We never do Christmas lights either (because Dave doesn't think they're that important and I didn't think I would be able to), but now I think maybe I should take the initiative and just do it! Looks great, by the way

Anonymous said...

That is so awsome Amy...Your kids will love having lights up on their house this year...but,You know....now your gonna have to do it EVERY year!
:)
I love the blog idea... this is fun...

We are stuck in LasVegas at the moment... Car wreck...
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we have no car...
HHHMMMMMM?? (I want to laugh, but I guess it's not really all that funny...) oh well...
Congrates on the lights... You are WOMAN!
:)
Susan