Okay so I have attempted to potty train Izzy last night and today. Last night, believe it or not, she went #2 after only a little bit of coaching. I was so excited thinking that this would be a piece of cake. The rest of the night wasn't quite as successful.
I forgot how much work it is to teach them how to potty train. I think it is THE HARDEST challenge with young kids!
I tried again today. I bought the cute Dora panties to try to get her excited about using the little potty. She was excited about the panties but not so much about the potty. I tried every 5 minutes to put her on and it seemed like between that small little break, she would go in her panties. I feel like I have been cleaning up pee all day long.
Finally, I just couldn't do it anymore. I guess that I will just keep trying a little at a time until she gets it.
If anyone has any advice, please send it my may? That would be wonderful!

8 comments:
Keep it up! It is something that clicks when there ready! Atleast she is trying... Good Luck with the training....
Yes, potty training is the worst. I always wish I could be more cool-headed about it and not get so upset when they mess up. I guess that would be my advice for myself and anyone.
I hope this is not because I asked you if she was potty trained. She will get it. Keep it up.
I think that when they are ready, they just do it!
Olivia had her little potty up for 2 months before she really wanted to try and then it only took a few days before she was fully trained.
Good luck!
We were at the Coldplay concert too! Best concert I have been to - LOVED IT!!
Dont stress about it. Put the potty away and bring it back out at the beginning of the year. That was the biggest lesson for me, if they arnt ready, dont push it.
I am of course no help but I did this of this post and thought you might find it helpful.
http://www.soshelli.com/blog/2008/11/4/potty-training-ashton.html#comment2334296
good luck!
Oh man I have been there! I did not think the day would ever come to have my boy potty trained. Every kid is different, breaking it down into steps worked best for me. Lost of bribes too. There is a cute book for girls about Potty Training. It makes toilet sounds and everything. I have the boy one for Peyton and he loved it. He would study the pics and questions. I have a book about Potty training in one day. Its more about a potty party. You can borrow it if ya want.
WAIT until she's 3. You'll only have to do it once and it won't take long at all!
Post a Comment